Please read through the entry rules before submitting your design.
1st September - 3rd October, 2020.
1. This Design Competition is a Jewel of Africa Initiative aimed at celebrating
Zambia’s rich mineral heritage through design of cultural artifacts from the
10 provinces of the country that will be incorporated in the Jewel of Africa
2. Design drawing/image should depict Zambian heritage unique to a specific
3. A short story/narration explaining the concept of the design should
accompany the design image.
4. Entry submission: go to jewelofafrica.com/bespoke-design to upload your
design or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The winner will receive a K10,000 jewellery voucher.
6. Three runner up designs will collect jewellery vouchers to the value of
7. The winner will be announced in October, 2020 on all Jewel of Africa digital
8. The design will be judged by Rashmi Sharma, our Gemelogist & designer at Jewel of Africa, in partnership with Mulenga Kapwepwe author, co-founder of the Zambian Women's History Museum
9. the winner will be selected following these criteria: design, uniqueness, story/authenticity, feasibility